Thursday, August 25, 2011

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out our new, shiny blog! I'm Laura, and I'll be maintaining "Overheard in the Stacks." My name will be on most posts, but stay tuned for posts from other staff and patrons.

This blog is for YOU - the Abington Community Library patron. This blog will keep you updated on the latest news, recommend our favorite things to you, and give you a way to stay connected with us.

If you're looking for a long, boring blog with lots of small text and lots of information, you're at the wrong place. Look for creativity, imagination, and humor here! The purpose of this blog is not only to inform, but to inspire.

What will you find here? Book reviews, helpful website links, how-to's, creative writing, event photos, author spotlights, interviews, and more! We have a staff with a wide range of interests and experience, and this blog will reflect that variety.

What would you like to see on your library blog? Let us know in the comments!

Laura, on behalf of the ACL

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a good idea. I'll be following right along. Love the title, too. May I say, though, that the first thing I'd like to see is a much less busy background? As a novice blogger myself, I've found that my readers are most interested in content, and if the design is distracting, it's DEtracting as well.

    (My verification word was "shyte"----is that an editorial comment, Google?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, Linda! The background was chosen to correspond with our Twitter account, but I did adjust some colors...what do you think now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to be a nay-sayer, but thumbs down on the white on blue, and the orange text on the blue background is virtually illegible. Black text on white background is the easiest to read, especially for anyone who has been using their eyes for more than, say 25 years?

    ReplyDelete