Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Other People's Lives

Read any good memoirs lately?

From the hottest celebrities to historical figures to people I had never even heard of...memoirs have been a popular genre recently.

Why not set your chick lit, mysteries and crime thrillers aside for a bit, and try some non-fiction?

Here are a few I've enjoyed in the past few months:

My Lucky Life in and Out of Show Business by Dick Van Dyke



Sheepish: Two Women, Fifty Sheep, and Enough Wool to Save the Planet by Catherine Friend

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling



Bossypants by Tina Fey

The Dirty Life: A Memoir of Farming, Food, and Love by Kristin Kimball



Life is Not a Stage by Florence Henderson

Here are a few more that I have on my list to read:

A Stolen Life by Jaycee Lee Dugard

My Year with Eleanor by Noelle Hancock



Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua

Blood, Bones and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton



Happy Reading!

Laura
On behalf of the ACL

No comments:

Post a Comment