Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dear Library,


Happy Valentine's Day! I just wanted to tell you why I love you:

1. You are free! Where else can people from the community gather every day and do things like borrow books and movies, use the computers, and attend special events? All for free?

2. You are peaceful. Sure, no one really whispers any more. But you are a calm, safe place where we can slow down from life. Meander through the stacks and browse through the CDs.

3. You promote learning and growth. I come and work for you every day and I'm still learning things from you. A person would have have a pretty closed mind to NOT learn anything here. You have educational programs for all ages, and nice tables and nooks for studying and tutoring.

4. You are friendly. You have a pleasant staff (ahem) who loves to help. We work for you because we're passionate about you. We come in every day looking for ways to make you better, to bring more people in to visit you. When people walk in the doors, they can feel like they belong. Like they are home.

5. You have everything. I'm getting a dog? Books about training puppies. I'm building a deck? Books about construction. I'm going to college? Books about universities that might be right for me. I even find books I never knew I wanted. I look and I find. I help others find. We all leave satisfied.

Thank you, library. You are my valentine this year.

Love, Laura
On behalf of the ACL

1 comment: