Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Write It Down!

I just love a good diary!

I love to look into someone's thoughts in an organized fashion. Day-by-day accounts. My favorite real diary would of course have to be Anne Frank's. How could she know that years later her thoughts would be read by millions of people?

Anne Frank : The Diary of a Young Girl

When it comes to fiction, I grew up on Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries series. I loved Mia's voice in these books; I laughed my way through her embarassing moments.



My book display for this month at the library is on Diaries, Journals, and Letters. I wandered through the stacks and picked out some really unique reads. In fact, I got a bit distracted finding a Hiroshima diary by a Japanese physician, Sylvia Plath's journals, the letters between Abigail and John Adams, and an Iraqi girl's blog. Also, did you know that the novel Dracula by Bram Stoker is written in diary form?

The next time you're in the library, check out July's display, located right next to the dvd section.

Here are a few more titles in this display:

Fiction:
Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette by Carolly Erickson
L8r, G8r by Lauren Myracle

NonFiction:
This Day in the Life: Diaries from Women Across America
Tiananmen Diary: Thirteen Days in June by Harrison Evans Salisbury
War Letters: Extraordinary Correspondence from American Wars edited by Andrew Carroll

Laura
On behalf of the ACL

No comments:

Post a Comment