Friday, October 14, 2011

Meet Abby

Meet Abby!


She's our library scarecrow.

She isn't super scary, as you can tell. But, then again, I haven't seen any crows around here either!


I created Abby using some basic library materials:

Books

Library nametag

Ribbons, clips and tape from the supply closet

Director Leah Rudolph's skirt

Library denim shirt

Old newspaper

Construction paper for face

What a hodge-podge! I'll tell you one thing about library workers...we're resourceful!

So if you haven't already, stop by and see Abby. She is our entry into the Abington Business and Professional Association Scarecrow Contest. If you'd like to vote for her, send an email to News@theabingtonjournal.com with the subject line: "Scarecrow contest." Include your name, address, and phone number. Votes must be in by Monday, October 24, and automatically enter you into a drawing to win prizes!

Check out the other scarecrows at businesses in the area from:
Beta Bread
Cloe & Co
Edward Jones
Everything Natural
Jaya Yoga
Kids Quality Consignment
MyGym
Lawler's
Sole to Soul
White's Country Floral
Laura
On behalf of the ACL

2 comments:

  1. She's ADORABLE and has a good head on her shoulders... her mind is always on a book LOL. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted! I see you have a QR code that takes me right to my Email account posted on her. Fun!

    ReplyDelete