Thursday, March 15, 2012

PLA: Online Learning

Today and tomorrow, the staff here at the Abington Community Library have the opportunity to learn from the Public Library Association's Virtual Conference!

The conference is currently happening in Philadelphia this week, and sessions will be available online to us here in the convenience of our library. My co-workers and I will be able to listen and interact with the sessions that interest us.

The two I will be "attending" are "Social Media and Your Marketing Strategy" and "iPads in the Library: From Tech Programming to Staff Productivity." These are both especially applicable to me! I manage Facebook, Twitter, and the blog here at the library. I also got to figure out how to use our library Nook and iPad. I'm looking forward to learning more about social networking and the iPad so I can better serve my community through the library.

It's important to us as the staff of your public library to keep growing and developing. We don't want to get stuck in a rut, or be adverse towards new ideas. Not only through this particular conference but also through other classes, research, discussion, and workshops we keep moving forward.

Here at the library, we believe that people can keep learning at any age!



Laura
On ACL

No comments:

Post a Comment