Thursday, April 4, 2013

Libraries Are a Jouney, Not Simply a Destination.

Today, I came across an article that intrigued me. While I know how libraries inspire me, I wondered what the author was referring to in 6 Ways Libraries Can Inspire You. ZoĆ« Triska, Associate Books Editor, The Huffington Post, shared a project engineer’s journey to becoming a children’s book author and I discovered an inspired and inspirational little girl with purple hair, Isabella.

Check out these titles for children by Jennifer Fosberry and Mike Litwin:

My Name Is Not Isabella
My Name Is Not Alexander
Isabella: Girl on the Go
Isabella: Star of the Story

Believing wholeheartedly in Emerson’s “Life is a journey, not a destination,” I wondered what journeys were being experienced at our library every day from the man faithfully enjoying the morning newspaper in the Quiet Reading Room, the students being tutored every afternoon, the ladies focused upon their current quilting project, to the patrons checking out the current best seller or a novel by their favorite author.
 
Stop by the library today. You never know where you’ll be inspired to go!

Oh, you want to know the 6 ways libraries can inspire you? 
For the full article: 

1 comment:

  1. From another blog, here is one of my all-time favorite essays on the journey of life. We all need to take time to enjoy the journey! http://hovigmd.blogspot.com/2009/03/station-by-robert-j-hastings.html

    ReplyDelete